Search This Blog

Dec 11, 2010

The Love of a Mother

I have an experience I would like to share with you all that is very precious to me.

I had the opportunity to do a little spiritual work with a friend, Elizabeth, that I knew in Texas. She is the mother of someone I used to be very close to and I had not had any contact with her for over ten years. I wanted to practice energy work at that time and let people know that I would like the opportunity for practice if anyone wanted or needed some work. (If you are not familiar with energy work that's okay I will explain :) .)

When I do energy work with someone (whether present or across the world) it is a form of prayer. I begin by connecting with and addressing Heavenly Father, as I do in prayer. I let him know that I would like to do a healing and/or a reading for the person and as I am letting Him know that, the spirit lets me know if it is to be a reading or a healing or both. Typically it is one or the other rather than both. At that point I cast out spirits from my presence through the power of Christ and after spiritually/energetically connecting with the person I am doing work for, I cast out spirits from their presence. (I use the term "I" here loosely because I do realize the work is not done by me, I am just a tool doing only what I feel guided by my Father in Heaven to do.) I often feel a burden lift from the individuals heart and/or mind upon casting out spirits and sometimes I can tell if it felt like one strong spirit or multiple spirits are leaving.

When I connect with the energy of the person, the same way you connect with Heavenly Father when you pray, I immediately feel how they are feeling physically and emotionally. I don't feel little body pains but I can feel for example if their heart is heavy or they are exhausted. Sometimes descriptive words come readily attached to these feelings, sometimes I have to find my own words to explain them. I have had many special and sacred experiences doing this work for people. One night quite a few years ago, I did energy work on my Grandpa Rogers while I was massaging his feet in the hospital. I felt a shaky, uncomfortable, unsettled feeling inside his veins. I didn't know what it was and I didn't know how to explain it, and I'm quite sure I didn't try. The doctors did not yet know what was wrong, but in a day or two they discovered that the blood he had received in a blood transfusion was not a match and his body was rejecting it.

I am inspired to share different messages with people, sometimes--you need to read your scriptures and they will help you gain this and this, or you need to pray, or you really have a lot of spirits around you and you need to read the scriptures, or you need to worry about strengthening YOU right now, or remember Heavenly Father loves you and he wants you to love you too-do things you love...whatever the message may be. At times it has been a little rough for me to say the things out loud that I have felt because I needed to trust for instance that the response would not be, "Oh, well I do pray," or "I do read my scriptures every night." More experience gave me more confidence.

Now that you have a little back ground into energy work and my personal version of it, I'll return to my experience with Elizabeth. I went about our little long distance session as previously explained and had some things to tell her about, which I was going to send her in an e-mail when I finished up. I began closing out her work like I always do, I asked for her to be surrounded with light and that angels would help her with processing anything else she may need help with. I then thanked Heavenly Father for the work and something happened that had never happened before, I heard and felt, "You're not done."

A little thrown off I paused and spiritually descended out of my connection with Heavenly Father, back to my connection with her. The second I reconnected with Elizabeth I felt a spirit come in and I knew and felt, "Daughter." I had no knowledge of Elizabeth having a daughter that would be in the spirit. Elizabeth's daughter told me to tell her among other things, that she loves her and that she will get to raise her. Although I had heard it said that Joseph Smith told Emma she would be able to raise her babies, I didn't have any personal experiences or feelings about it and I doubted. "Really?" I asked this daughter in spirit. "Yes," she said, "tell her she will be able to raise me." I believe she told me this three times and then I clearly felt her leave. With that I knew what had needed to happen was finished.

You may correctly imagine that I was hesitant to share this experience with Elizabeth. I knew nothing about any daughter and I was half scared she was going to tell me I was crazy. I got up the nerve and e-mailed her everything--including a small disclaimer stating that I just had to tell her, even though I may be crazy.

A few suspenseful days later, Elizabeth e-mailed me back. She said that she had a daughter that she had lost before she was born. She had never known from any physical evidence if this child had been a boy or girl, but for 30 years she had felt it was a girl and at times she had felt her with her. She even had a name that she wanted to call her and I believe sometimes would in her heart. She shared with me a sacred thing, that for all this time since she had lost her daughter, she had prayed to Heavenly Father, with the love of a mother, that she would be allowed to raise this child. Her heart ached for this yet she had never shared this desire. In that work that Heavenly Father, this mother and this child allowed me to be a part of, that beautiful, sweet daughter, who loves her sweet mama, was able to put her mother's heart at ease and confirm to her that yes, she would be allowed to raise her daughter. How wonderful. How humbling.

I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers in His own way and in His own time. I know that he loves us so much and that his plan will heal our heart aches. I know that He speaks to us, and sometimes like Elizabeth feeling for so long that her child was a girl, yet doubting herself, and like me being nervous to share my experience with her, we don't trust our own spiritual guidance. I know that if you seek out your Heavenly Father with an open and trusting heart, believing in Christ, you will not be led astray, and He will guide you. He will teach you to trust that guidance as you work to have and keep the Spirit and follow it. No other guidance will do. No other guidance will lead you back home where you belong, and no other guidance will give you the least amount of comparable joy. When you do the Lord's work, he magnifies you because you are His hands, you are His feet, you are His messenger, and you are not and will not be ordinary. Do small things with great love, the image of Christ will be written all over your countenance and you will uplift all who you meet.

-Mama Gurr

2 comments:

partypatt said...

Wow, Amber. It's experiences like you've had that help me when I doubt. I wish I could say I never doubt, but it's not true to say that. Thanks for sharing.

Amber said...

I'm so glad it can give somebody some added strength. I share it hoping for that--and thank you to Elizabeth too for allowing me to share this story.