Search This Blog

Jan 21, 2014

The First Chakra



The physical location of the first chakra is the pelvic floor, or base of the spine.  The associated color or vibration is red.

 The first chakra is associated with matters of foundation, issues and beliefs that relate to our family, our belief system, grounding, and physical survival.  Childhood or current family issues would be some of the things energetically and physically stored in the first chakra,

Some symptoms you may have if your first chakra is out of balance are dizziness and lack of physical energy.   You may feel unsettled, a lack of security, fearful or anxious about changes or shifts in a physical move or a change in your family dynamic, a lack of trust for a family member, a difficult relationship with a child, or might just feel ungrounded.  There are tons of things that could create a need to give your first chakra a little extra attention.  I have to consciously reground myself almost every day, and often dizziness is my reminder.  Other symptoms could be dis-ease in any of the associated body parts which are: your coccyx, anus, adrenal glands, large intestines, legs, feet and skeletal system,  If we hold on to negative belief systems for long enough, they begin to manifest physically.

How do you "ground" yourself and what does that mean?  Grounding is just connecting yourself with the earth and it helps to balance your first chakra, and really your whole system. "Positive electrons in the form of free radicals (ever heard of those guys?) can build up in our bodies and direct contact with the ground balances this out as it is a negative grounding charge." (http://wellnessmama.com/5600/how-to-get-healthy-while-you-sleep/) Everything functions better with a strong foundation.  Grounding helps me feel less anxiety and stress and also helps me stay more present.  It helps my RLS as well (rest-less leg syndrome) and is known to help with sleeplessness.  You can ground spiritually, like I often do, by imagining something tying or connecting you to the earth.....roots going from your feet down into the earth, even drilling down through the core of the earth. To physically ground, you can go lay in the lawn, pull weeks, or walk barefoot in the yard.  I am often advised by the spirit to tell people to exercise and spend more time outside to help ground and balance them.  

There are so many tools that the Lord has given us for healing, these tools are huge blessings, but ultimately it is through Christ that we are healed.  And he wants to help us work through these things so that we can receive more love and joy in our lives.  When we believe his words and do our best to live a Christ-like life, we are automatically balanced and healed a piece at a time. Our bodies are a gift from God and OFTEN, when our bodies have any sort of chronic issue, and sometimes also acute issues, they are signaling us to pay attention to a buried belief.

"Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?....for your Heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.  ...Take therefore no thought for the morrow; for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself." (Matthew 6:31-32, 33)

Trust that the Lord is in charge, and that he loves you and will continue to take care of you!  When you believe this to the degree that you can hand the Lord your stress and worry over family and physical things, your first chakra will be more in balance.

Highest truth
ALL IS ONE
"he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit." (Cor 6:17)





2 comments:

Amber said...

And I should add, all things work together for the good of those who love God. Yes, all is one...and it is all for us.

Pauline said...

I had an amazing base chakra experience. I have always struggled with being created. It didn't seem fair that while we have free will we didn't ask to be created and are forced to live in this painful world. Once we are here, I get it. it's the why did God start something that could potentially be so terrible that I had no peace about. Others would say "that isn't for us to know", but I couldn't shake it. After a reiki session I had what I see as a memory. I was in what I can only describe as a swirl where I was one with God, essential spirit. He asked me if I was ready to enter the adventure of life and I said yes. I know this may be out there but I have heard of similar experiences from other Christians. Now I can close my eyes and remember that beginning. What a gift! The theologian Pierre Theilhard de Chardin said " We are spiritual beings having a human experience". I have no doubt that all the pain of existence will be transmuted to a glory so amazing that it is indeed worth it.