Search This Blog

Sep 27, 2015

The 5th Chakra

The fifth chakra is located in your throat center.  The associated color and vibration is blue.  When your fifth chakra is in balance you speak your truth clearly, and easily, without hesitation or fear of how it will be received.  The fifth chakra relates to communication, self-expression

Your truth is not necessarily your feelings.  If you are feeling angry and contentious and you express that freely, that will be detrimental to your fifth chakra.  If you yell or express anger frequently, you likely have a weakened fifth chakra.  That doesn't mean to repress those feelings.  It just means it would be more healthy to spend some time with them until you find a more constructive way to express them.  Jesus says He is the way, the truth, and the life.  When you express Christlike truth, THAT puts your fifth chakra into balance.

Another way we weaken our fifth chakra is by not speaking up.  This image comes to mind. :)
Here are some related questions I found on THIS website:
Are you keeping things to yourself?
Are you afraid/worried about speaking out?
Do you feel your opinions can not be voiced?
Do you feel that you are not being true to yourself?
Are you afraid of the truth?
Are you afraid of speaking the truth?
Do you have something to say, but not sure how to say it?
Are you having trouble doing something you want to do? 

If we hold in thoughts and feelings that are important to us, that blocks up the energy flow in our fifth chakra.  The throat chakra can also be related to personal expression in the way of creativity.

The previous post (found here) addresses a personal experience that I have had with my fifth chakra.  I want to share another experience I've had.  Quite a while back, I did some energy work on a woman I had not met before.  I felt a large tear in her energy field at her fifth chakra.  I felt that the tear was there because of strong anger being expressed regularly and that negative spirit entities were using that tear to enter her space and further influence her.  (If you didn't think I was crazy before, maybe you think so now ;))  This is one example of why it is important to keep our energy fields fortified.

 We can't be perfect, but we can perfectly use the atonement.  If you yell and express anger, apologize, and pray to your Heavenly Father to heal the effects of that anger on yourself and others through the power of the atonement.  Work on it. This is something I know I need to work on.  If you want extra inspiration for not yelling checkout THIS site.  This week I will be setting and tracking a goal to not yell.  I know I won't be perfect, but I will start over, until I can get 28 days in a row.  Wish me luck!

I know this is getting long, but I have one more great thing to share.  Some tips from here on how to re-align your 5th chakra.  These have self-expression all over them.

1. Use your voice (sing, hum, chant, whistle)
2. yawn, scream, laugh, etc
3. Pick up a musical insturament
4. Play some music that makes you move
5. Journal
6. Find some inner stillness
7. Fast
8. Deep breathing

No comments: